Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to Feel Like a Rock Star!

It's pretty simple really. All you have to do is go on a 1st grade field trip. At that age, the parents are on par with rock stars! The kids ars SO excited you're there, they actually WANT to hold your hand and sit by you on the bus! Speaking of the bus...the noise level on the bus was very similar to that of a rock concert!

We went up the canyon with 60 first graders and about a dozen adults. Can you imagine being a 6-yr-old and being surrounded by dirt, rocks, and bugs? Talk about paradise!! We were able to keep the rock throwing to a minimum, didn't lose any of the kids (at least none that we noticed), and didn't locate any poison ivy. It was all in all a success adventure. I know if one mom that won't be too thrilled that her daughter wore white pants yesterday and came home with mottled brown ones. Bummer.

I definitely had other things I could have done yesterday, but I will always be glad that I took the time to go on an adventure with my kiddo. It was SO worth my time and made for great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment