Friday, October 1, 2010

Age...It's a Funny Thing!

When you're a kid and someone thinks you look older than you are, you stand a little taller and feel a bit a pride. It's flattering to be mistaken for older than your age. When I was 11, I was commonly mistaken for 16 and I thought that was AWESOME!

Now, I don't think I'd be feeling a whole lot of pride if someone came up to me and told me I looked 40! Nope, not so much. However, when the waitress at Texas Roadhouse was FLOORED that I was old enough to have 4 kids I was delighted (yes, she was genuinely surprised, not just looking for a good tip).

Somewhere between 25 and 35, we hope for a worm hole to open up and suck some years off of us. Time is passing, much too quickly it seems...we just don't want to look like we're carrying it around with us.

Time...it's a funny thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment