Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ahhh...FALL

I love living in an area where we experience all 4 seasons. Fall has to be my absolute favorite season of the year. I adore long-sleeves, hoodies...snugglie attire in general just makes me happy. I love to watch the colors emerge in the mountains (and the photography is, of course, outstanding!).  I'm inspired to bake more, snuggle in a blanket with a good book, and savor the moments before the snow starts to fall.

I am currently reading Pamela Aiden's trilogy, "Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentlemen". I genuinely adore her books and she is so true to the style of Jane Austin. It makes a re-read of "Pride & Prejudice" even more enjoyable. I highly recommend them.

While I truly enjoy literature from the Austin -Bronte era, I do have to admit I'm glad I didn't live during that period.

  1. They changed their clothes way too often (dressing for dinner...I don't think so)
  2. The daily routine of having to be to tea at certain times, an the etiquette of what followed a meal would certainly have cramped my style... No, I would have probably been the shame of society because I simply wouldn't adhere to it!
  3. I'm really not excited about the idea of someone attending me, including bathing, dressing, etc. (Yes, I assume I would have been a "society" girl)
  4. I'm sure I would have had an eating disorder because I doubt women back then were allowed to eat more than a nibble (corsets and all!)
  5. Not a chance I would be addressing my husband as Mr. ________
Yes, there is a reason I was born in modern times. Less whining, less laundry, less hunger, and INDOOR PLUMBING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment