Saturday, November 20, 2010

Inception


Hhmmm. Interesting movie to say the least. I really enjoy movies that make me think after I’ve left the theater. The movie concept was certainly brilliant and the effects were exceptional. I think DiCaprio did a good job (and I’m not a big fan), but I was really unimpressed with the girl. She wasn’t believable and I found her uninspiring.

I thought one of the most poignant parts (although brief) was the room where the men came to dream everyday because the drug-induced sleep was the only place they could dream anymore. I found that fascinating! Did using the inception make so that a person could not dream on his/her own, or were natural dreams unfulfilling in comparison to the inception experience?

What brought those people to that room and that state of dependence? Perhaps it was the ability to create their own reality that drew them there. Maybe they became addicted to a world of their own creation that “reality” paled in comparison too. Perhaps they were so dissatisfied with “reality” that they craved their dream world and could not enter that world any other way. Or maybe they become dissatisfied with reality as a result of the inception experience.

The inception can provide you with something that you cannot get any other way…once experienced it draws you back…it can trap you and keep you captive…is it a blessing or a curse…?

No comments:

Post a Comment